Securing your home and your property is one of the biggest steps an owner would take. When you have a home, a car, or any kind of business, the first step you should take is to get it insured. Now there are different kinds of insurance you can get for your property, the one we would be talking about in this article is that cat insurance if you are thinking of having your car insured, perhaps you should try car insurance Singapore but first, let’s define some basic terms you may need to understand some the terms.
What is insurance?
Insurance is a contract for reimbursement, this implies that you get your money back no matter the loss incurred on it.
What is car insurance?
Car insurance, also known as vehicle insurance, or auto insurance is insurance for cars, trucks, motorcycles and other kinds of road vehicles. Its primary purpose is to provide you with financial protection against physical damage that may occur from traffic collisions and against the liability that could arise from the vehicle causing some kind of incident.
This vehicle insurance may offer you additional protection against theft of your vehicle or cat and also against damage to the vehicle that may have been incurred from events aside from traffic collisions, such as keying, weather or natural disasters and also damage sustained from and by colliding with ordinary objects.
Types of car insurance
- Liability or auto liability coverage. This is mandatory insurance and drivers are usually expected to purchase at least the minimum amount of liability coverage set by the state law. This Liability coverage has two components and they are Bodily injury liability. This may help pay for costs related to another person’s injuries if you caused the accident. Property damage liability. This may help pay for damage caused by you to another person’s property while driving.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. This is for when you get hit by someone who is not insured. This insurance helps you cover the medical bills and repairs to your vehicle.
- Comprehensive coverage. This may help to cover damages incurred to your car either by theft, fire, hail or some other kind of vandalism. This insurance may help you repair or replace whatever damaged part of your automobile.
- Collision coverage. This works when you either get hit or hit an object. The insurance may help you cover the repair or replace your car and its damages.
- Personal injury protection. This applies to when your family members get hurt by a car or they hit your car on something or into something. This insurance would cover their health and medical bills and also cover the repair and maintenance or replacement of any damages.