It’s clear what a car wash is, but what is car detailing? It seems like a procedure that doesn’t get enough attention from vehicle owners. This article aims at filling in the blanks about a car detailing service and its benefits.
What is Car Detailing?
The car detailing is a professional service of cleaning and restoring the vehicle to its nearly new condition. In simple words, it’s a car wash but advanced. Vehicle detailing services require professional training, and the procedure is more intense than a regular car wash. Typically, a standard vehicle wash requires an automated system to clean the car’s exterior while it goes through this system.
Professional vehicle detailing requires much more than that. The procedure consists of two parts:
- exterior wash;
- interior cleaning.
Usually, professionals complete auto detailing by hand, excluding the exterior washing part.
What do Car Detailing Services Include?
One might think that anyone can perform auto detailing by simply washing the outside and then cleaning the inside of a car, but it’s not as easy. A professional detailing requires the usage of the right tools and techniques. Moreover, the detailer needs professional cleaning products of the highest quality that match each car material.
As mentioned, the detailing procedure includes exterior and interior wash. Keep reading the article to learn more about each part of the process. Incase of any repairs you can check https://www.windshield-genie.
Exterior Car Detailing
Exterior detailing is not just a car wash when a vehicle goes through a cleaning system. Here’s what this cleaning part consists of:
- Exterior washing and drying. Typically, the process is done manually. However, if the car is extremely dirty, it may go through a cleaning system. Car specialists spray the car and wipe down the dirt. The process includes washing door handles, rims, and glass by hand.
- Paint claying. The process requires a clay bar to get rid of any chemical residue. As a result, you get a smoother surface ready for polishing and waxing.
- Polishing. The procedure requires spreading an abrasive compound and polishing the surface of a vehicle. As a result, any scratches or swirls disappear.
- Waxing or sealing. The last step gives the car a glossy shine.
When the exterior is ready, specialists proceed with cleaning the interior of a car.
Interior Car Detailing
The interior detailing process consists of the following procedures:
- Vacuuming. It’s the part when a professional removes all the debris inside the car.
- Scrubbing. The detailer gets rid of stains on carpets and mats.
- Steam cleaning. The method is used in case there are old stains that can’t be removed by scrubbing.
- Glass cleaning. Requires cleaning windows and windshields.
- Leather trimming. The detailer cleans all leather surfaces.
- Perfuming. It’s optional but leaves the car with a fresh scent.
As a result, the car owner receives a car that looks, feels, ad even smells like new. So, the benefits of such a procedure are pretty clear.